Margaret Thatcher WIZO Center for the Benefit of the Children, Parents & Educational Staff of Sderot (“The Open House”)
WIZO’s Margaret Thatcher Center in Sderot (known colloquially as “The Open House) was founded in 2010 as a joint initiative of World WIZO and the Sderot municipality.
The Open House, a comprehensive and innovative center for early childhood offers enrichment and guidance programs for children, parents, and professionals in the field.
Our aim is to provide a supportive community network for young families living in Sderot and the neighboring kibbutzim and moshavim.
We offer a myriad of programs that accommodate the needs of the children and the environment, fostering their educational and social development and help strengthen the family unit.
What makes “The Open House” unique is how it’s dealing with the victims of the constant war in the south.
Our services include:
- Enrichment programs for parents & children
- Parental guidance and consultation
- Guidance, training & consultation for caregivers and education professionals
- Therapeutic programs – parents and children; personal therapy, group therapy
- Early Childhood Development Unit – Speech therapy, Occupational therapy, Physiotherapy, social worker consultation and guidance.